2009 was the year to remember, 2010 is now the year to look forward to...

So many amazing times and experiences, eye opening memories that will last a life time, along with lessons which we will take with us into the near future and some things which we will leave behind us as - we start the year afresh again.

Quote of 2008: “Always look forward, don’t ever look back!”

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

NZ Winters = Snowboarding

For someone who doesn’t particularly like the cold weather I have decided to make the most of a New Zealand Winter this year. I usually try and spend time overseas around this time, either in Australia or Fiji where the climate is a lot pleasantly warmer. This year I am at Uni in Auckland and have gone to the extreme to travel to the South Island every 2nd/3rd weekend to go Snowboarding at Mt Hutt Ski Field. Mt Hutt would be amongst one of the top NZ Ski fields to go to. With the high rate of clear days, great packed snow, freshly groomed trails and terrains daily and the views from the top are just breath taking. Snowboarding has been a great investment of my time and money, I can now safely say that I have found a hobby that will keep me busy for at least 6 months of the year in NZ anyway, the other 6 – maybe head overseas... we’ll see!