2009 was the year to remember, 2010 is now the year to look forward to...

So many amazing times and experiences, eye opening memories that will last a life time, along with lessons which we will take with us into the near future and some things which we will leave behind us as - we start the year afresh again.

Quote of 2008: “Always look forward, don’t ever look back!”

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Inspiring Moments Over The Last 8 Years... 2007


2007 – Pacific Link in Fiji, 2MFG ticket

Well 2007 for me was full on with studies and exams because in November I was to sit my first foreign going ticket oral exam, talk about being nervous! Half way through the year I had quite a bit of leave owing to me so I decide to join the medical ship the Pacific Link again for a couple of voyages around the islands of Fiji. It was during this voyage that I visited one of my favourite islands in Fiji – Viwa Island. The island which touched my heart in more ways than one… The children, their view on life, the quality of life lived and loved by all on the island, schools, beaches and so much more that I could write on for days on end. After a well deserved time in Fiji we then sailed back to New Zealand on a direct Southerly course bound for Tauranga. Our mission was complete. We were welcomed into the berth by the mayor of the town and by many of the family of the crew and students on board. At the end of 2007 I distanced myself from a lot of people just to get myself ready and focused for the final exams. I stayed in a small apartment in town where I was able to study and sleep as I please with no distractions, and it all paid off in the end. I learnt throughout this year that the more time and study you put into learning something the more easier it becomes at remembering it when the time comes.