2009 was the year to remember, 2010 is now the year to look forward to...

So many amazing times and experiences, eye opening memories that will last a life time, along with lessons which we will take with us into the near future and some things which we will leave behind us as - we start the year afresh again.

Quote of 2008: “Always look forward, don’t ever look back!”

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Inspiring Moments Over The Last 8 Years... 2008


2008 – Travelling on Tankers overseas

Where do I start when I am asked to talk about Tankers. Do I talk about the ships themselves, the type of people who work on them, the places you get to see of the highs and lows of working in a small confined space for such a small period of time? I don’t know so ill just write about the first thing that comes to my mind… During my time working on the Coastal Tankers I studies Psychology by correspondence.
We worked around the coast of New Zealand, both the north and south islands. Then mid year we headed over to Botany Bay in Australia for a cargo discharge while on our way to Singapore for a dry dock. Crossing the equator for the first time in my life was a pretty neat experience, I was lucky enough to be on the 4-8 watch both on the trip up and trip back to NZ. So of course the best part of my day on the deep sea voyages were definitely getting to see every sun rise and sun set while I was on watch!