2009 was the year to remember, 2010 is now the year to look forward to...

So many amazing times and experiences, eye opening memories that will last a life time, along with lessons which we will take with us into the near future and some things which we will leave behind us as - we start the year afresh again.

Quote of 2008: “Always look forward, don’t ever look back!”

Sunday, January 10, 2010

The morning of the Hot Air Balloon visit.


Last week I was woken numerous times before the alarm clock was supposed to go off. First by the dog scratching against the bedroom door. So I yelled at him once, twice and third time he was out outside. The I eventually fell straight back to sleep. The second time I was woken by rustling, this time it was the baby chickens scratching in the bushes outside the open bedroom window. Grhh!!! Eventually I fell straight back to sleep again. Moments later (third time now) I was woken back up again but this time it was an unusual sort of noise, not one I have ever heard before.
It would come in short bursts and sounded like someone saying ‘Whoosh!’ in a very deep but loud voice. I continue to lay in the bed for a couple more minutes trying to work out what it was. The noise then started to get louder and louder until it got to the stage where I sat up to take a look out the window.
Wow! To my amaze I was actually lost for words! There was a hot air balloon flying directly over our house. I swear if I stood on the roof of the house and jumped up into the air I would have been able to touch the bottom of the basket of the balloon. It was amazing I tell you! The ‘Whoosh!’ noise which I was hearing more frequently was the flame being used to lift the balloon higher and higher into the sky. It was so low. I have never seen a hot air balloon so up close and personal like this before. It glided along on the morning breeze over the roof of our house and up over the hills at the back of the farm. What a way to wake up in the morning…